With the world 'abuzz' about the upcoming DC 'relaunch' this June it made me think about what I would do if I was given the task of the 'restart'. Are you ready?
* First of all I would bring ACTION COMICS and DETECTIVE COMICS to their numbering if the reboot didn't renumber them. This would celebrate the history of DC and the titles would be used to tell all era stories about Superman and Batman.
* There would only be one title each for all characters (other than the above mentioned). Only one Justice League book, one Wonder Woman with no exception.
* I would put the best creators on the best books for a one year commitment! They would be able to tell the stories that they want to tell as long as when the year was up someone could take over and do the same thing.
* Fringe characters like Jonah Hex, Swamp Thing, Kamandi and the like would be given mini series or one shots. This would ensure the continued life of the characters without forcing stories and committing to just filling quotas.
* Would do all I could to make the books no more than $2.99 each. Whatever it took... a few less pages, more adds...
* Characters would mirror their cinematic counterparts; FLASH, ARROW, GOTHAM, SUPERGIRL and the upcoming movies. This would make it easier for people to follow along or just jump in.
* The line and every book would begin with the origin; days before and the actual event, and then would continue with day TWO... not five years later.