Ahhhhh the old 'Pull List!' A few weeks back I wrote of my method for sorting, tracking and displaying my 40-50 new books a month. Well, starting today I will be sharing with you the books that have made the cut... PART ONE!
Emotional pull and brand loyalty aside I have decided that I will only be buying and reading the books I love and enjoy! I won't be swayed by events and like DC's current WAR OF THE ROBIN'S, I may skip out on tie in issues altogether. Why spend money on DETECTIVE COMICS if it involves the third part of a story i'm not reading? Here are five that have made the cut so far... in no particular order...
1. ARCHIE - too much fun NOT to be reading!
2. USAGI YOJIMBO - as i always say, consistently the best book going for the past 30 plus years
3. HOWARD THE DUCK - as long as this book retains its fun and 'cute' feel, i'm all in!
4. STAR WARS - you could scream brand loyalty only if it wasn't amazing!
5. STAR TREK - J.J. Abrams made me a fan... but IDW keeps me coming back!
...and here are a few on the bubble...
1. SUPERMAN - the last few issues haven't quite done it for me, at all.
2. WONDER WOMAN - the book looks beautiful, but not sure what is going on.
3. DOCTOR WHO - too dang many!!!!!